Preparing for a boudoir photography session can be easy with the right planning tips. I will remind you when to get your hair cut, wax and start hydrating, taking the guess work out of having an amazing session.
Here are a few things you can do leading up to your photo shoot.
1. Schedule your wardrobe planning call. Since wardrobe is SUPER important, you will want to schedule your call with Michele as soon as you have selected your session date. This is so you don't fall into the temptation to go shopping right away and buy the wrong things for your body and session goals. Also, keep in mind that you don’t have to limit your wardrobe selections to lingerie. You can wear a favorite sweater, your spouse's favorite dress shirt, or a comfy t-shirt paired with some sexy undies. Wearing something that’s meaningful to you and your partner, like lingerie or jewelry that you wore for a special occasion, will help personalize your photos.
2. Think about what you want your photo shoot to say - soft & sweet or bold & seductive. Regardless how you describe your shoot, you will look completely sexy and at your best. I will help you celebrate who you are and where you’re at during this point in your life.
3. Don't forget your nails and toenails, they will show in your photos, so consider a manicure and pedicure a day or two before your shoot, or polish them yourself.
4. Avoid being out in the sun in a bathing suit or clothing that will cause tan lines, and do not spray tan or use self-tanner too close to the shoot. You don't want to have an orange glow!
5. Do not starve yourself or exercise yourself to death. My job is to capture you at your best! I will pose you in ways to show off the right curves and minimize your least favorite features. Don’t skip breakfast on the day of your session, as no one looks their best when they’re hangry!
6. Decide to push yourself outside of your comfort zone. Everyone starts out feeling nervous, but the most stunning images happen when you get to a place where you’re comfortable letting your guard down a little.Let's have fun with your session!
Michele Johns is an award winning, professional boudoir photographer located in Castle Rock, Colorado, serving clients from all over the world. Castle Rock is located 25 minutes south of Denver, Colorado. Clients traveling to Colorado enjoy booking their stay at our recommended Bed and Breakfast.